This article will explain how to get started with integrating Transatel APIs to manage your Service Provider Connect service.
We will summarize all required methods, with the links on the Transatel Developer Portal and API references.
Transatel offers many APIs, but you can get started with only a couple of methods.
– Authentication – how to get access tokens
– OCS Subscription – the method used to add, manage & terminate bundles on your SIMs
Optional APIs to implement a more complex integration:
– SIM Management API – retrieve the Activation Code, QR Code download link, and status of an eSIM
– OCS Inventory – Check a SIM’s inventory and remaining balance
– OCS Events – receive Webhook events related to the product’s lifecycle (ex: bundle expired…)
Regarding the Subscription Management API
As mentioned above, Service Provider Connect SIM cards are preactivated, Therefore you are not required to integrate our Subscription Management APIs, to activate the SIM cards. They will automatically activate at the first network attach.
You can however still integrate them if:
– you wish to Suspend or Terminate SIMs,
– you would like to populate information fields such as Reference or Groups to organize your fleet, as these dimensions can be found in our SIM Management Portal
If you would like access to our Subscription Management APIs, please check with your Account Manager to request access, as we usually do not open by default them for Service Provider Connect customers.
As the API documentation is generic and does not list offer-specific values, here is everything you need to know:
mvnoRef: the name of your SPC account, and starts with “M2MA_WW_TSL_…..”
You can find it easily in our SIM Management Platform:
COS: this refers to the catalog of the offer, the value for production accounts is WW_M2MA_COS_SPC
Payment: for Service Provider Connect, as you – Transatel’s customer- are paying the bundles to Transatel, the value to input in the subscription requests is “Customer“
Service Provider Connect SIM cards & eSIMs are delivered to you in Preactivated status. They will automatically activate at the first network attach. (The lifecycle of Service Provider Connect SIMs is detailed here)
Based on the OrderType used when subscribing to a product for the SIM, the bundle’s start date will vary:
– If you use OrderType “Preload”, the bundle will be preloaded on the SIM, and will not start until the SIM is activated by the user, when it has been inserted in a device and the SIM makes its first data session. This is useful if your customer buys the plan before traveling to the destination where they will use it, and do not want to waste validity days.
– If you use OrderType “Subscribe”, the bundle will be added and start immediately, and it will trigger the activation of the SIM card immediately.
Note: If you add bundles using our SIM Management Portal, it will use the “Subscribe” type, and bundle and SIM will be active immediately – preload is only possible via API
You can use the examples provided in the OCS Products API reference to find payload requests with the different values :