Mobile Number Portability
An end user may want to change network operator, keeping their mobile number. This process is called a portability.
It is reserved to customers with human users only, IoT subscribers are not concerned.
A portability involves different actors, here is the description of the main ones:
– End user : Subscriber which request a switch from an operator to another
– Donor : Operator hosting the MSISDN at the beginning of a portability process
– Receiver : Operator initiating the portability request in order to host a MSISDN from another operator
– Portability system : In each country, a central organization is in charge of managing the relationship between the donor and the receiver
A portability is split in 2 steps:
There are two types of portability:
– Portability IN : The user wants to move from a donor operator to you as a Transatel customer keeping his existing MSISDN.
– Portability OUT : The user wants to move from you as Transatel customer to a receiver operator keeping their existing MSISDN.
The portability process is different in each country. For more details, you can consult the documentation associated with the right country:
– United Kingdom